North 56th Street Gospel Chapel is a meeting place of Christians who gather simply in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
“THINGS MOST SURELY BELIEVED AMONG US“ Luke 1:1
- The Bible is the Divinely inspired inerrant Word of God.
- The one true God, creator of all, eternally exists in three persons: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.
- The absolute deity of the Lord Jesus Christ; that as true God and true man, He is the only begotten and eternal Son of God, miraculously born of the virgin Mary, and the only One whose life had an absolutely perfect and sinless humanity.
- Man is universally and utterly sinful by nature and was separated from God through the fall of Adam in Eden
- Man is unfit for the presence of God in his natural depraved state and it is impossible to save himself from eternal punishment by his own works or religious observances.
- Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for sin; that on Calvary’s cross Jesus Christ fully and eternally paid the penalty of sin and completed the work of redemption. God attested to His finished work by raising Him from among the dead and seating Him at His own right hand in Heaven
- We must individually accept by faith the finished work of Christ as the only righteous ground on which a Holy God can forgive our sins.
- All who by faith receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord are born again of the Holy Spirit, indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and by the Holy Spirit baptized in the Body of Christ, the Church, of which He is the risen and ascended Head.
- We follow the New Testament practice of having the Lord’s Supper the first day of each week, believing this to be the central feature of Christian worship and testimony.
- We practice baptism by immersion, upon confession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe it is our solemn duty to preach Christ to the ends of the earth.
- Emphasizing the truth of the Lord’s Second Coming at any moment for the Church, we believe that we should be constantly longing and looking for Him.
” EVEN SO COME LORD JESUS” Revelation 22:20